(Senior) BACKEND ENGINEER – Java (m/f/d)
Tech Task Force Ubermetrics
Ubermetrics is a leading media and data intelligence platform, focused on research and development. It is part of the UNICEPTA Group, one of the global market leaders for media and marketing intelligence.
The Ubermetrics platform processes over 50,000 content pieces per minute from over 460 million sources. It enables our dedicated monitoring and analytics teams within the UNICEPTA Group to leverage state-of-the-art data alerting, monitoring and analysis solutions for Communication and Marketing professionals from leading global companies and organizations. For these, UNICEPTA’s actionable insights are also a basis for strategic decisions in risk management, supply chain management or compliance.Team and Mission
Our technologies and innovations have strong foundations in various disciplines such as natural language processing, big data, data science, information retrieval, information visualization, bioinformatics, and UX design. They are developed and continuously evolved in close collaboration within our network of internal and external expert groups for technology, science and business. We have a track record proven competent in research and development and participate in publicly funded research projects
- Excellent skills in Java 8+.
- Experience with Microservices architecture, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, among others.
- Experience doing peer review to get and provide feedback on the work done.
- Familiar with agile development methods, Clean Code Developer principles, TDD, CI/CD.
- Strong algorithmic skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in small cross-functional teams, shipping a product.
- Familiar with modern cloud concepts such as containers and Kubernetes.
- Experience with data-intensive systems in cloud environments.
- Experience in designing and querying scalable data storage systems (e.g., Postgres, MariaDB, Tableau, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Pub/Sub)
- Familiar with modern cloud concepts such as containers, Kubernetes, and serverless computing.
- Exciting technical challenges and great opportunities to learn, grow and contribute.
- A welcoming, friendly, supportive, and multicultural working environment.
- The chance to bring in your ideas and be creative in a team.
- A focus on building an excellent product by doing things the right way.
- Flexible working hours and help with relocation from abroad.
- Work in an expanding and future-oriented company with a global perspective
- Decide your own remote working balance – 100% is possible
- Flexible vacation and working time policies
- 40+ passionate engineers working on products they are proud of
- Possibility for personal growth and development
- Lots of responsibility and a real chance to make an impact – shape our future products and services for an international client base