Data Engineer (m/f/d)
As a data engineer, you create data products for our media analysis and intelligence services. You join a product-oriented cross-functional data team. Together with MLOps engineers, you enable the team to productize deep learning models designed by our data scientists. You focus on delivering high-throughput data pipelines. Moreover, you support the data scientists optimizing machine learning models for production deployments. Ideally, you bring a passion for owning data products in a high-bandwidth communication setup between all technical roles and product management.
- Excellent skills in Python and Java.
- Experience designing data-intensive systems in cloud environments, including data analytics and data warehousing.
- Experience implementing and querying scalable data storage systems (e.g., Postgres, BigQuery, Elastic Search, Snowflake).
- Sound knowledge of data processing / ETL concepts, orchestration (e.g., Apache Beam, Dataflow, Kafka, Airflow, Pub/Sub), and data modeling with large-scale datasets.
- Familiar with modern cloud concepts such as containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and serverless computing.
- Understanding modern deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch, or ONNX.
Nice to have
- Experience and passion in designing and implementing systems for Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval applications.
- Experience with MLOps workflows and the life cycle of machine learning models.
- Experience optimizing data structures for high-volume text data and text embeddings.
- Familiar with the Google Cloud Platform.
- Understanding of the needs of NLP-based Machine Learning Applications.
- A plus is familiarity with data visualization, dashboarding, and exploration tools (e.g., LookerStudio, Vega, Pandas/Seaborn, etc.).
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Exciting technical challenges and great opportunities to learn, grow and contribute.
- A welcoming, friendly, supportive, and multicultural working environment.
- The chance to bring in your ideas and be creative in a team.
- A focus on building an excellent product by doing things the right way.
- Flexible working hours and help with relocation from abroad.
- Work in an expanding and future-oriented company with a global perspective.
- Decide your own remote working balance – 100% is possible.
- Flexible vacation and working time policies.
- 40+ passionate engineers working on products they are proud of.
- Possibility for personal growth and development.
- Lots of responsibility and a real chance to make an impact – shape our future products and services for an international client base.